Storm Dennis has the last word… CC6 CANCELLED :0(

Hi all,

It has been decided that sadly the weather situation, continued weather warnings and current ground conditions have led to the decision to cancel the CC6 this weekend at Ashurst.  The decision has been made for the following reasons…

  • the impending storm Dennis due to come in over the weekend
  • the car parking and campsite is mostly underwater
  • there are some trees already down following last weeks storm and there is potential for further tree falls

The plan is hopefully to reschedule the event prior to the final CC6 in Wilverley, but this is dependent on the Forestry Commission, so watch this space!

Many Thanks to Steve and the rest of Totton running club for keeping us informed and for making this tough decision – it has not been made lightly, but I think we can all agree the main thing is to ensure safety for both runners and marshals.

We hope to see you all before the next race in Wilverley – for more information and updates on potential rescheduling at Ashurst, check out Totton RC’s facebook page….

Cheers and happy running whatever you do this weekend – stay safe!!! :0)